Horse Riding Surrey
To ensure your ride experience is as smooth as possible please see the following Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What weather condition would cause you to cancel a ride?
We ride in all weather conditions unless it is snowing or extremely stormy.
2. What if I would like to cancel/re-book my ride/lesson?
Cancellations can only be accepted if made more than 48 hours prior to a ride. If less than 48 hours, you will still be liable for the full cost of your ride. To cancel please email email@example.com.
3. Do you take card payments? How do I pay?
All payments are taken via an e-invoice which will be sent to you from PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, there is an option on the invoice to pay using a debit or credit card.
4. Do you have toilet facilities?
Yes we have a toilet on site.
5. Do you have a waiting room? What can my wife/husband/friend do while I ride?
Yes, although your loved ones are welcome to take a stroll around our extensive 50 acre farm and surrounding area.
6. Do you have car parking?
Yes we have custimer parking - please note that vehicles are left at the owners risk!
7. Do you offer pony parties for children’s birthday?
No not at this stage.
1. Do you provide riding hats?
Yes we provide riding hats of all sizes free of charge for customers riding at or from our yard - all of which comply with current safety standards. However, you must provide your own hat and safety equipment for away rides ie gallops, day rides, hunting, beach rides, sponsored rides etc.
2. Do you provide riding boots or any other riding gear?
No we do not provide any other riding gear - see question 10.
3. Is there any flexibility on when you ride out?
Depending on how busy the yard is we may be able to be flexible on ride times – please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How early should I arrive for my ride?
You should arrive 15 minutes before your ride.
5. Do you have horses for beginners?
Yes we have a small number of horses that are suitable for beginners or those that have never ridden before.
6. I have never ridden before - what ride would you recommend?
We require you to take an introductory lesson first before going out on a one hour ride.
7. Is there a weight limit for riders?
We have two horses capable of carrying up to 16 stone – the majority of our other horses can carry up to 14 stone.
8. Do you cater for children?
Sorry we do not cater for children.
9. Do I have to register before I ride?
We require all riders to register three days before their confirmed riding date. It is vital that you do so because we use the information to assess your ability to match you to a suitable horse.
10. What clothing and footwear should I bring?
The right clothing is important. We ride in exposed places and the weather can change quickly so warm clothing is a must and sunscreen in the Summer.
We do not recommend:
• Tight jeans – as they can rub the inside thigh
• Tight tops/jackets – as you need to be able to move freely
• Flip Flops
• High Heels
We do recommend:
• Boots with a heel, i.e. riding boots or dealer boots - http://image.equestrian.com/images/pdp/zoom/560900_Brown_v01.jpg
11. How do you assess my riding ability?
Our registration form which we will send out once your ride is booked asks a number of questions to assess your riding skill and experience.
12. How many can ride out at one time?
We can take a maximum of six riders per ride.
13. Do you ride out with groups of mixed ability?
We only do this when a mixed ability group of friends/family wish to ride together. In this case the ride will be catered to the ability of the least experienced rider. Please note that for safety reasons we do not let part of a group canter if the other part of the group are unable to do so. For all other rides we send small groups of evenly matched riders out together.
14. How long can I ride for?
For beginners or those getting back into riding we would recommend a 1.5 hour ride. More confident riders are able to ride out for 2-4 hours.
15. Can I ride in the evenings?
Yes we offer evening rides throughout the summer months, available on request or look out for dates via our monthly Mailchimp newsletter.
16. Can I bring my own riding hat/gear?
Customers are welcome to bring their own riding gear. All riders must however wear hats which comply with current safety standards.